BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dylan_nguyen
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to connect SAS tables using SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 as a live link to a Access Database so when changes happen in SAS tables, it will automatically update the Access Database. I tried using ODBC but couldn't get it to work and couldn't find much resources online.

For example, SAS has a table called Table 1, I want to connect Table 1 in SAS as a live link connection to a blank table in Access Database. Thank you for your response(s).

Dylan

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't think that SAS can be part of such routine, isn't that a MS specific functionality?

Perhaps you could have something similar happening, given the nature of your environment.

Why no update the Access DB directly?

Or have Access read the SAS data as a view (may require additional licences).

What kind of Access application do you have? What kind of updates are we talking about?

Data never sleeps
Reeza
Super User

@LinusH wrote:

I don't think that SAS can be part of such routine, isn't that a MS specific functionality?

I think it's possible since Tableau allows this to happen, there should be functionality somehow to allow this to work. 

rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

Not sure of of this. Bit I did it once, a long time ago.

I think there is a app you can add to the access toolbar bar to open a SAS dataset?

SAS IOM and/or some other SAS office integration?

However if you want to use an ODBC/OLEDB driver, this might work.

I think the latest SAS ODBC/OLEDB driver supports 64 bit MS Access. I think you have to use the 32 bit SAS driver for 64 bit SAS and 64 bit MS access. You will have to create an ODBC dsn(this has always been painful for me).

When you select the driver from MS access with your local system ODBC DSN(not server)  , SAS wiill spawn a 'odbcserver' interactive SAS session.

You should be able open MS Access and  link to a SAS dataset or a SAS view? When the SAS object is updated you should

see the latest

You can build a sql query inside access that users can click on to display the latest SAS data. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation