BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

1.The error " ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified " clearly shows that your SAS server is not able to connect to SQL Server.

2.The question is posted in the EG board so I am presume you are running SAS EG on the desktop.
3.Where is SAS running - on your desktop or the server? and what is the operating system on the server?

4.Where is SQL server installed?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Sajid01  - From what I understand @tampham92 is using a remote SAS server from EG and hasn't yet confirmed what operating system it is running on. I've already pointed out that only a SAS administrator can configure remote data sources and in any case may also be able to provide the correct connection details.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 in conversation