BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SasStatistics
Pyrite | Level 9

According to the site: https://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2013/10/29/five-keyboard-shortcuts/ 
Commenting out code is done by Ctrl + /. 

This does not work for me? I have to use Ctrl + *. How come? 

The follow up question is, how do I uncomment code with a keyboard shortcut? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @SasStatistics,

This is most likely due to a non-US keyboard layout. I have similar "issues" with my German keyboard where the corresponding shortcut is Ctrl + + and for uncommenting Ctrl + Shift + + (although I'm not quite sure if this is the shipped default or if I have changed it in Tools → Options → Enhanced Editor Keys → Category "Selection Operations" -- which would be another option for you if you aren't satisfied with the current shortcut).

See also this 2018 thread for a (user-defined) keyboard shortcut for commenting out selected text rather than whole lines.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @SasStatistics,

This is most likely due to a non-US keyboard layout. I have similar "issues" with my German keyboard where the corresponding shortcut is Ctrl + + and for uncommenting Ctrl + Shift + + (although I'm not quite sure if this is the shipped default or if I have changed it in Tools → Options → Enhanced Editor Keys → Category "Selection Operations" -- which would be another option for you if you aren't satisfied with the current shortcut).

See also this 2018 thread for a (user-defined) keyboard shortcut for commenting out selected text rather than whole lines.

SasStatistics
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks. I have a non US keyboard so that explains it. 

But where do I find the Enhanced Editor Keys (See picture)? 

SasStatistics_0-1622629990115.png

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

I see, you are using SAS Enterprise Guide, where (at least in version 7.15) the dialog is found under Program → Enhanced Editor Keys... (when an Enhanced Editor window is open). My first post referred to the traditional "Display Manager" interface of SAS 9.4.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation