BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Is there a way to check if Base SAS is installed on Enterprise Guide 8.2 in the earlier versions you have the option of selecting no profile and then using it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Even in 8.2/8.3 you can check Help->About SAS Enterprise Guide, then look at Configuration Details:

ChrisHemedinger_0-1644426305389.png

If you don't see a SAS version and command, then no local SAS was detected. And thus Local server won't be available for use.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

To clarify I'm trying to connect to local in Enterprise Guide 8.2 to download datasets from a server to my workstation.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

See the article here Using SAS Enterprise Guide with your local SAS installation -- it shows how to check whether SAS is installed and registered on your local machine.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

These are the steps for 7.1.  In 8.2 I connected to no profile but I'm not sure if that means Base SAS or not, the view is very different.  After connecting to no profile and trying to run a SAS program the run button is grayed out.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Even in 8.2/8.3 you can check Help->About SAS Enterprise Guide, then look at Configuration Details:

ChrisHemedinger_0-1644426305389.png

If you don't see a SAS version and command, then no local SAS was detected. And thus Local server won't be available for use.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Since 8.2 is not installed I'm going to try to use BASE SAS on 7.1.  When I try to connect to a library in Enterprise Guide 7.1 it looks like the library is not recognized.  I found documentation to connect to a metadata server from base SAS but not how to connect to a library.  What is the correct libname call?

options metaserver="servername"
metaport=8561 /* The port on which the metadata server is listening. */
metauser="xxx" /* The domain-qualified user ID for the connection to *//* the metadata server. */
metapass="xxx" /* Password*/
metaprotocol=bridge /* Protocol for the metadata server. */
metarepository=Foundation;
/*this is the line I'm trying to figure out*/
libname mylibname  '//servername/Shared Data/VCU/libraryname/Libraries';

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation