BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I created a new style on my local drive, which doesn't work when I use the Application server instead of local to run my jobs. The issue is with the path of course.

Is there a way I can edit the path in my style list to a UNC that the server will then be able to see? I tried creating a copy on another server, but couldn't use a UNC, and while the client sees it through the drive mapping, the mapping is different on the server.

Kind regards

David
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
Eventually I took the long route and recreated the style reference by pointing to an existing style in the path I required.

This necessitated that I copy the .css file to the network location, use the navigator, change the drive assignment to a UNC and then save it.

I then made it default.

And discovered three traps;

. unlike other parts of EG where "Delete" simply removes a reference such as a table or code object in a project, this physically deletes the style sheet file referenced in the style browser. Oops.

. if you type the path incorrectly, tough. "Go to gaol, go directly to gaol, do not pass go, do not collect 200 pounds"!!

. if you decide you don't like the style, you can't edit the version in the UNC path, but need to keep another copy that you edit and copy over the existing one.

However, I still can't get past the warning when I run the code on the server that says "style ... not found. Default style will be used instead." I also note in the ODS HTML reference that the URL for the style sheet is wrong, since the "file:" assertion is followed by a path using forward slashes!

Kind regards

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation