BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mfab
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Everyone (at SAS),

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the background color of the program editor in Enterprise Guide 8.1 very easily. You need to change the background color of every element individually.

background_settings.png

It would be very nice to change all the background colors at once. (personally I prefer a light Grey which is much more comforting to my eyes than a bright white).

Also, as soon as you change the background color of "normal text" to anything else than white, the background of the line numbers is immediately changed to some dark blue (possibly a color from the dark theme). I would rather like to see an option to change the row numbers background oneself as oposed to this default behaviour.

background_settings_2.png

Could we please have a fix, so that this behaviour does not happen or that we can change the color of the row numbers background seperately?

I would also appreciate it if the UI-Designers might think about the color options of the dark theme. Folders, Libraries, Tables lose all their color when switching to the dark theme.

Thanks for any Feedback or improvements in future versions of Enterprise Guide.

Best wishes,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

With EG 8.1 we got a dark theme:

install_000319.jpg

Editor's note: adding link to a tutorial on this.

With a few additional steps you can change the editor background and font as well. If you're using the "Default" scheme in the editor appearance, it follows the themes for Ignite and Illuminate.  If you've made customizations, then you can adapt and create your own schemes.

These options are optimized for the two background colors: dark and light.  If you want to use a background color that's different, then yes, it's more work and may appear incomplete.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

In the pre-release there was a feature to change the appearance completely. In the first screenshot you posted, isn't there something appropriate in the "Scheme" drop-down-list?

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

With EG 8.1 we got a dark theme:

install_000319.jpg

Editor's note: adding link to a tutorial on this.

With a few additional steps you can change the editor background and font as well. If you're using the "Default" scheme in the editor appearance, it follows the themes for Ignite and Illuminate.  If you've made customizations, then you can adapt and create your own schemes.

These options are optimized for the two background colors: dark and light.  If you want to use a background color that's different, then yes, it's more work and may appear incomplete.

mfab
Quartz | Level 8

@andreas_lds : well, there is either the dark scheme or all other schemes with white background.

@Criptic : the dark theme (as stated above) does lose some of its color, which is one of the reasons I don't find it very appealing.

IMHO there should be an option to change the background of the row numbers or at least that color should not be changed automatically.

It might be worth noting, that in Enterprise Guide 7.x this was not a problem and worked just fine, so I am wondering why someone implemented this behaviour in EG8.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation