BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Aboveland
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I have an enterprise guide project where i am creating a dataset and then exporting it to a csv file using the EG export utility (since i want to export in my local system and not the server where the SAS is intalled). There are situations when someone has the csv file opened in their system and when my project runs, it fails at the time of export as it is unable to get a lock. I tried to capture this error using SYSCC, SYSERR, SYSERRORTEXT, but i do not get anything back. It is unable to capture the error caused by the export utlity.

Any suggestions on how i can make sas to send me an email if the export fails? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fifthand57th
SAS Employee

@Aboveland

The SAS Enterprise Guide Export Wizard does not use SAS to perform the conversion of a SAS data set to a different file format. It uses a Microsoft Engine.

Instead use PROC EXPORT so you can use SYSCC or SYSERR to capture the error and send email if an error occurs. Then use the new Copy Files task (in release 7.13) to move the newly created CSV file from the SAS Server to your EG machine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fifthand57th
SAS Employee

@Aboveland

The SAS Enterprise Guide Export Wizard does not use SAS to perform the conversion of a SAS data set to a different file format. It uses a Microsoft Engine.

Instead use PROC EXPORT so you can use SYSCC or SYSERR to capture the error and send email if an error occurs. Then use the new Copy Files task (in release 7.13) to move the newly created CSV file from the SAS Server to your EG machine.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation