BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
akshay8860
Calcite | Level 5

I am using Sas via a virtual Machine. Can you please add screenshots of how to load orion file. I have tried everything.

luisL
Calcite | Level 5

Hi   Cynthia

I've got the same problem but in my case the instruction   libname orion '/tutorials/eg/data/ecprg1';  doesn't work, I've tried several times but I'm not able to contact with my Orion database to do the tests as the tutorial says in this page (https://support.sas.com/edu/OLTRN/ECPRG193/eclibjr/setup_studio.htm). 

My Folder direcotry is C:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders  --> ecprg193 is the folder where the info should be saved. 

But each time I execute the instruction I've got the same message: Library ORION does not exist.

What I'm supossed of doing wrong? I paste a few xsl files but I don't go any further than this.

Greets

Reeza
Super User

Are you using SAS University Editiom? If so, make sure to follow the SAS UE instructions not the SAS Studio instructions. 

Or try the following:

%let path=/folders/myfolders/ecprg193;

luisL
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rezza

Yes I'm doing the tutorial of SAS University and that's why I feel a bit frustrated failing in something so easy. I've visited both sites to watch the documentation but my program still fails.

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/shared_folder_access.htm

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/shared_folder_access_existing.htm

I add a print of my screen so you can see that I've added all the folders from the Zip pile.

QuestionPath.png
Reeza
Super User

You've posted the correct links but aren't following the instructions, or using the code I posted. The VM is a separate computer and doesn't have access to your C drive except for your shared drives. To access the shared drive you need to use the path specified in the documentation NOT your usual path. 

image.jpeg

luisL
Calcite | Level 5

Oh yes I see, I was looking in the windows files and I should do it in the SAS files. I've changed it as you said but I get this Error while trying to run the program

z1          OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
z  WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference PATH not resolved.
z  ERROR: The text expression /FOLDERS/MYFOLDERS/ECPRG193 LIBNAME ORION "&PATH" contains a recursive reference to   zz   the macro variable
 z       PATH.  The macro variable will be assigned the null value.
z55        
z56         %let path=/folders/myfolders/ecprg193
z57         libname orion "&path";
z58        
60         OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

Should I change something?
luisL
Calcite | Level 5
And if I write the same sentence but without ecprg193. I mean this:
1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
56 %let path=/folders/myfolders
57 libname orion "&path";
60 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

Then I get nothing and the orion database still doesn´t be created
luisL
Calcite | Level 5
I've get it, because I forget to write " ; " in the first line. So must be ok.
56 %let path=/folders/myfolders;
57 libname orion "&path";
NOTE: El libref ORION se ha asignado correctamente:
Motor: V9
Nombre físico: /folders/myfolders
60 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
oohsweet
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks. this post solved my problem.. I was using the actual folder location on my local machine and was having the issue. Your post helped me get throught  the issue by using the My folders sectoin on the SAS studio and getting the address of ECPRG193 by right clicking and checking the properties and everything worked perfectly.. Thanks for Sharing..

Ammiano13
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm having the same problem as well and I don't think I understand what you mean by "then this is the correct LIBNAME statement to point to the Programming 1 data that is already loaded on the server."

Do you mean that I can just copy that code: libname orion '/tutorials/eg/data/ecprg1'; ?

I tried using the code and it still says the Libary does not exist.

I'm also not sure which version of sas i'm using. I'm using 9.4 but some of the interfaces seems different than mine. I'm using SAS through an App2Go feature through my school.

SAS Problem 01.JPG
Reeza
Super User

@Ammiano13 You're using Base SAS and since you're connecting to a school server it's hard to tell you how to set up the drive. You still need to follow the steps of running the program to create the Orion library, but what you access will be different. 

When usinng Apps2go does it give you instructions on how to access a shared drive or your local folder? You'd set the folder up there and run the program. 

The difficulty is is that you're using a custom set up so we can't answer your question unless we're familiar with your set up. I would recommend talking to classmates or a professor for instructions on setting this up. 

rkarr5
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia, Need a quick help. I am using SAS university edition. and I ma following the instruction as given but I am getting an error stating that Library ORION does not exists. Can you please let me know what can be done to avoid the error. Thanks in advance.
Reeza
Super User

@rkarr5 you should probably post this in a new thread and explain in detail what steps you did complete and include a screenshot with the error. Remember to find and follow the SAS UE instructions NOT the SAS Studio version. 

rkarr5
Calcite | Level 5

I a able to assign the library. Thanks for the help.

garrisonplessinger
Calcite | Level 5

I am having the same issue, I am using VMPlayer and The SAS University Edition to do the e course, it seems that i don't have the data files downloaded.

42 ;

43 %let path=C:\Users\Garrison\Documents\SAS\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders/ecprg193;

44 libname orion "&path";

NOTE: Library ORION does not exist.

45 ;

46 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

56 ;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats