BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
8 REPLIES 8
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

So just as a departure point. It's not EG so much that gets pointed to a particular sasv9.cfg, it's Base SAS (local) that would use that.

There are a couple of those in effect, so we would need some additional context.

PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I want to work with a project that uses an alternative Autoexec.bat, i.e,
an alternative evironment than my preferred default. If I were using
sas.exe (using Windows), yes, I could call it on a command line to point to
that particular SASV9.CFG file. I'm looking to find the same way to call
SEGUIDE.EXE. My first guess is this XML config file might be able to
specify the config file for the local sas instance... To be used to run
the project's code.
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Ok, I get you.

Forgetting about Base SAS, what settings in E Guide are you looking to have different between the projects ?

PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Of that last question's possible premises, reading between the lines, you're saying "it doesn't work that way".   I found "Autoexec options" at (https://communities.sas.com/t5/General-SAS-Programming/Autoexec-options/td-p/...) . I'm surprised EG doesn't call SAS like SAS/CONNECT called remote servers.  This is making me rethink things.

I'm tied also because I work with a community who is still working in SAS Interactive and I'm trying not to change my system to much.  If that makes sense, I use to understand these things better several years ago, I feel.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

When working with just Local SAS and EG, there is only one SAS command/config that can be registered at a time.  That's stored in a Windows registry key, as described in this topic.  SAS Enterprise Guide launches SAS with a COM call.

If you have a SAS Metadata Server and an object spawner, you can define multiple "SAS commands" and place them in Logical SAS Workspace objects.  Then you can choose which SAS to launch from within EG -- there will be multiple options in the Server list.  But that's a lot of work and overhead for just a local configuration.

A possible workaround: you could define some options and Autoexec logic based on environment variables.  Then instead of launching EG from its standard shortcut, launch from a BAT (or CMD) file in which you SET the values of these environment variables.  Rework your Autoexec.SAS or default config file to include references to the environment variables with the !ENV notation.  

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation