BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
brookeewhite1
Quartz | Level 8

I'm writing a program that creates several user-defined formats for use in SAS Enterprise Guide. For example, one of the formats converts a division number to display as division name instead. These are all commonly used things in our office that would be helpful on most every project. To make it available to everyone, I put all the code in one place and we can use Notepad or some other method to share the code between EG projects. Once someone creates a program in their project with this code, I'd like them to also see some sticky notes that explain what the formats are and how they work. Is it possible for me to include something in the code that will generate a sticky note in a process flow?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

The only way I think you might be able to do something like this would be by using the Enterprise Guide Automation Model but that would be using an absolutely massive sledgehammer to crack a very tiny nut. It would have thought it would be much easier just to put a big block of comment in the program which creates the formats.

brookeewhite1
Quartz | Level 8

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I did put the information in the code as comments but was hoping to make it more visible so that people wouldn't have to open the code and read through all of it to find the explanatory comments before each user-defined format. I suppose I could copy and paste all of it to the top.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

And to close the loop, I don't think you can use automation to create project Notes (sticky notes) -- but you can use automation to read them.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation