BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JSJ
Quartz | Level 8 JSJ
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I inherited a rather big project to maintain.  I moved several queries around and it "breaks" when I run it now.  The log shows a message "28 %put ERROR: Unable to get SAS code. Unable to open input data;
ERROR: Unable to get SAS code. Unable to open input data"

If I go to the query that "breaks" I can run it sucessfully, and I can also run the other queries after it piecemeal and it will run correctly.

My colleague has the impression that the placement of the queries can make them run out of order and make them break.

Sorry I can't share the project.

Thanks!

Jo

4 REPLIES 4
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

What version of EG do you have (in Help->About)?  This sounds similar to an issue that was addressed in an update.  Make sure you have the latest update/hotfix.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

JSJ
Quartz | Level 8 JSJ
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!  We have 7.1 HF1 (7.100.0.2002) 64 bit!

Do I need a hot fix?  

Thanks!

Jo

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi Jo,

You have the latest 7.1 hotfix (HF1), so no, you do not need a hotfx.  However, there have been three releases since 7.1 (7.11, 7.12, and 7.13).  Upgrading to EG 7.13 with latest update (currently HF3) may address the issue.  Without knowing more, I can't promise the issue you describe has been fixed there, but it does sound similar to one we addressed.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

JSJ
Quartz | Level 8 JSJ
Quartz | Level 8
OK! I'll ask our IT folks. Thanks for your response! Have a nice day.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation