BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hellind
Quartz | Level 8

SAS EG/Access 2007

Our company uses SAS EG 9.2

We then export large data-sets to ACCESS. Records = 1 million.

EXCEL PIVOT tables then connect to this ACCESS.

Problem: SAS EG export to access is very slow. I have Googled and the only results returned is a Aug'2008 article at SAS.com about exporting to access 10x slower than exporting to txt.

I just wonder how most of you do in such situations? I think most people still use Excel pivot for dashboards, and SAS for data-manipulation.

If you export to txt first and then import to access, it is too manual and prone to error.

2 REPLIES 2
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

If you have SAS/ACCESS to PC Files licensed, I think you'll have better performance using it to export larger data sources to Microsoft Access, rather than the EG export.  For example:

/* MS Access database already exists */
LIBNAME mylib ACCESS 'C:\temp\Demo.accdb';

/* write new table to the database */
data mylib.myclass;
set sashelp.class;
run;

See SAS/ACCESS(R) 9.4 Interface to PC Files: Reference, Third Edition

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

ballardw
Super User

For what it is worth, I have never built a dashboard in Excel. SAS GKPI makes all the graphics I need for a dashboard and avoids any headaches with data interchange.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation