BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Forum,

I need to schedule some EG Graphs that are saved to a LAN Network drive & Windows Scheduler is unreliable for doing this.

I can get the SAS EG Scheduler to create the vbs file which is fine but how do I automate that vbs to run at a scheduled time?

Previously we had used a Batch file (prompted by the Windows Task Scheduler) & then executed the .vbs

file that executed the SAS Graph.

Since a move to a new Server this no longer works.

I think the Windows Scheduler won't reliably run files that are not sitting on the PCs 'C' Drive.  

I'm using SAS EG 7.1 & also have SAS Visual Analytics 7.1 & need to have these SAS EG graphs run automatically.

I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The EG scheduler will use the WIndows scheduler. That one is unreliable you said.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks jakarman,

I'm looking for a workaround that doesn't use Task Schedluer.

I've tried creating a vbs script through the Scheduler & have a Batch file execute it.

Has anyone created a workaround using whatever to run a SAS Graph at a scheduled time?

Thanks

SASKiwi
PROC Star

One option would be to use SAS server-based scheduling. This will require you to export your EG graph projects to SAS programs as EG projects cannot be scheduled from a SAS server. This would definitely be a more reliable solution.

Your SAS administrator should be able to help you with setting this up. 

Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks SASKiwi,

I have the Admin Access with SAS EG, can you explain the steps to take?

Do you mean create a new program in SAS EG that executes existing SAS Graphs on a schedule?

I'm interested in any ideas you've used to get this done.

Thanks 

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

oscarboots, You did not mention anything about your environment.

Only desktopbased? (Admin access). Than you are probably on your own not getting any IT support.

As you are wanting the LAN and other resources managed by the IT support you will have to go to them

Server based? Than there must be a Server support group have support for the SAS metadata server and the server tools.
The SAS metadata admin access is some job to define services like batch services and scheduling.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can't do server-based scheduling in EG. There is another SAS tool called SAS Management Console that provides this. You would also need to talk to your SAS admin folks to see what they recommend - I am assuming here that you use a remote SAS server not just local SAS on your PC.

To export an EG project use the File-->Export menu.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation