BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SmithCJGVSU
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello Everyone!

I am a SAS programmer still acclimating to the SAS Enterprise Guide environment. I am having several issues regarding authorizations that I think have the same root cause. I am trying to determine whether the resolution lies in the systems security or a SAS/Management Console.

Issue 1) I am able to create an RTF file and Right Click>Export the file to a public location, but I am not able to write ODS statements that would produce a file in that same location

ods rtf file="\\\psp.rtf";
ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access \\\psp.rtf.

Issue 2) Similarly I am unable to create a library using the LIBNAME statement for folders I know I have access to

libname temp "\\\Temp\";
ERROR: User does not have appropriate authorization level for library TEMP.

Issue 3) I can use the import wizard to read in a raw data .txt file but I am unable to write my own code. That is, SAS has an issue giving me access to the path I state in the INFILE statement. On a side note, I notice that EG generates code referencing a path to a tempory folder on the SAS server INFILE 'C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\SAS Temporary Files\_TD6316\#LN00380' so SAS must be creating a temporary copy on the SAS server?

In summary, I would say my problem revolves around SAS communicating with the network drives. While many tasks can be done using the GUI, I want the flexibility to write my own code in order to take advantage of macro programming to make the output more dynamic.

Any input would be much appreciated,

Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Yes, Trusted for Delegation is still needed, even if not using IWA.  This allows your "auth" to be forwarded to another network resource such as a UNC path or a network printer.  The topic here addresses just IWA, but I believe it applies for any case where your Windows or AD credentials are used to access the server.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
If this is going to a Windows SAS server and you are accessing a network resource (such as file path using UNC notation), you might need to set the server machine to be Trusted for Delegation. That's an Active Directory setting.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisecag/61133/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003181427.htm

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
janetts
Calcite | Level 5

See the response by Cynthia@SAS at:

KBACHU
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All - Is this setting required even if we dont use IWA? I am getting the Access denied error for few files. I am able to access the same files from windows explorer. Files are located on UNC path.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Yes, Trusted for Delegation is still needed, even if not using IWA.  This allows your "auth" to be forwarded to another network resource such as a UNC path or a network printer.  The topic here addresses just IWA, but I believe it applies for any case where your Windows or AD credentials are used to access the server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation