BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LeroyJ
Calcite | Level 5

I use the base SAS quite well but I'm taking the lessons on SAS Enterprise guide. I am at the stage when I have to assign a libary for my work and apparently I can't find that option on the "tools" drop down menu. I am not sure why and will really appreciate any help I can get at this point.

8 REPLIES 8
CurlerBob
Fluorite | Level 6

To insert a libname statement, open a code node and type the libname statement into the code node.  Make certain in the logic stream that the code node runs before you try to pull data from your library.

nrose
Quartz | Level 8

You can also use the 'Assign Project Library' task under the Tools category in the Task List.

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Adding to curlerbob and nrose's comment, here is an alternate routes to assign a library:

Tools --> SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer --> File --> New --> Library

LeroyJ
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks guys, I got the solution courtesy of your replies. Thanks!

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi ,

I thought I would ask whether your solution was to write a libname statement in the end? As depending on your syntax you may not be using a metadata library which could be inconsistent to the physical tables available in your environment.

If you do not see the Assign Project Library task this could be due to the capability not being available to you via the Roles your profile has been assign too (either directly or via Group membership). Talking to your SAS Administrator and using the SAS Management Console you can see what Enterprise Guide Role your profile has been assigned. If you have an "Enterprise Guide: Advanced" role then the Assign Project Library task is available however the "Enterprise Guide: Analysis" role isn't by default - see screenshot below (click on it for higher resolution) and documentation at http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidaag/67020/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1vdc5gy9i5q1bn19gb...

AssignProjectLibrary-Capability.png

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

BTW if your role memberships only provide you with access to a subset of the SAS Enterprise Guide capabilities, then you'll see an indication of this on the status bar. If you see "Functions: Restricted" on the status bar in the bottom left hand corner of the SAS Enterprise Guide window then you have a limited set of capabilities. You can click on the link to open a dialog and see which capabilities you do and don't have. If you don't see "Functions: Restricted" on the status bar then it means you have every capability available in SAS Enterprise Guide.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Oops, I got my left and right mixed up again. The "Functions: Restricted" indicator, when displayed, will be seen in the bottom right hand corner.

LeroyJ
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Michelle I guess I'll talk to a SAS administrator because I am using the SAS Enterprise Guide OnDemand for Academics. I assume perhaps the functions are restricted, I am quite surprised though as this is needed for the SAS training which is being encouraged by SAS itself. I can't use the other options suggested since it seems also those are not available on the Enterprise guide I am using.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation