BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I didn't make it to SGF09. Is EGuide 4.2 shipping yet? If not, was there any announcement?

Chris@sas had a nice paper (with Anand Chitale) in the proceedings and I'm looking forward to using it.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/320-2009.pdf

Thanks,
Doc
11 REPLIES 11
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Doc,

It's shipping, along with SAS 9.2 Phase 2. Boy, it felt good to say that during SAS Global Forum!

You can work with your account rep to get it. Or send me a request written on the back of a $20 bill, and I'll see if I can grease the skids.

On second thought, in light of the ethics training I just completed, your account rep is a better route.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Does EG 4.2 require SAS 9.2?
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Yes, 4.2 requires 9.2 (to get to some of the new features).

4.1 will work with either 9.1.3 or 9.2.

Doc
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
If you are running EG with SAS installed locally, you can have SAS 9.1.3 or SAS 9.2 with EG 4.2. However, if SAS is on a server it must be 9.2 to work with EG 4.2

So basically, you want 9.2 🙂
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Doc and Richard....

I am on a server so I have to wait 9.2
but at least I can start to evaluate it locally

-Matthew
LAP
Quartz | Level 8 LAP
Quartz | Level 8
Where do I find out what is available in 9.2 phase 2? I've search but not found anything specific
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
You can find a link to the EG 4.2 "What's New" paper and PowerPoint slides here:

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/What%27s_New_in_SAS®_Enterprise_Guide®_4.2

It certainly doesn't cover everything that is new in 9.2. But you can get those highlights here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/whatsnew/62435/HTML/default/titlepage.htm

SAS 9.2 Phase 2 includes all of the updated "enterprise" clients, such as EG, SAS Add-In for MS Office, Web Report Studio, Information Maps, etc.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
David
Obsidian | Level 7
Great to see finally see 4.2 out, I installed it today - looks good so far!

Has anyone seen documentation for the add-in model yet?

Many thanks,
David.
prholland
Fluorite | Level 6
I installed SAS 9.2 Phase 2 and EG 4.2 today too. I even managed to run my PROC REPORT custom task (written for EG 4.1) in it, but, although all the GUI, selections and code generation worked fine, the task couldn't find the SAS code to run it! 😞

While full documentation of the add-in model would be good, a list of differences between EG 4.1 and 4.2 would be more useful now.

........Phil
David
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Phil

I agree that the differences between the object model between 4.1 and 4.2 would be good too. Referencing the usual libraries in Visual Studio it's clear there are a few additions ISASTask3 for example. Either would certainly help future development.

David Shannon.
prholland
Fluorite | Level 6
David,

More amusing (at least for me!) is that the List Report task supplied with EG 4.2 didn't seem to generate valid PROC REPORT SAS code when I tried it out [SAS uk1076286], so getting my own PROC REPORT custom task to work in EG 4.2 is all the more important! 😉

.......Phil

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 in conversation