BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
davehalltwp
Quartz | Level 8

Is there any way to suppress all the on-screen "help" in SAS Enterprise?  It seems that with every key stroke, boxes of text pop up and disappear.  Sometimes It's even inserting key words and and altering what I type, and the boxes are always in my way.  Today all the flashing is actually making me feel nauseous, although it might be the bad coffee I'm drinking.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paulkaefer
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I believe what you want is to disable autocomplete.

Go to Program >> Editor Options >> Autocomplete, and uncheck "Enable Autocomplete" and "Enable integrated syntax help" if they are checked. Let me know if that isn't enough.

Autocomplete is super useful if you are used to it (and can handle all the "helpful" popups). It's definitely widely-used in software development, and can [in theory] enable faster code writing. That said, I also find it annoying - I'm happy to make mistakes and use Google the "old-fashioned way" to develop my own skills at coding & debugging 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @davehalltwp

From Program => Editor Options, did you try to untick Enable Autocomplete from the Autocomplete tab ?

Hope that helps (and that I understood it properly :)).

Cheers,
Damo

paulkaefer
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I believe what you want is to disable autocomplete.

Go to Program >> Editor Options >> Autocomplete, and uncheck "Enable Autocomplete" and "Enable integrated syntax help" if they are checked. Let me know if that isn't enough.

Autocomplete is super useful if you are used to it (and can handle all the "helpful" popups). It's definitely widely-used in software development, and can [in theory] enable faster code writing. That said, I also find it annoying - I'm happy to make mistakes and use Google the "old-fashioned way" to develop my own skills at coding & debugging 🙂

davehalltwp
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, Paul!  That solved it!  I wish I'd asked sooner.  The worst was all the time I was losing while typing, because I had to keep cursoring away to get a box to disappear.

I love SAS, but they were killing me with kindness.

Thanks again!

davehalltwp
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, Damo, much appreciated...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation