BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SMR
Fluorite | Level 6 SMR
Fluorite | Level 6
I have recently started using EG4.2 and facing some problems in using it, which I have listed below. Has anyone also faced similar problems?

Data imports incompletely: I imported a delimited a text file (.csv) which has 2000 data rows with 54 variables (or columns). For some reason, the output generated or resulting data set contains only 1900 rows (i.e., 100 rows less). Interestingly, I have found that data belonging to all of the remaining rows (from 100 rows) happened to be dumped in just one cell of the last row!

Name appears incorrectly: I imported two text files “List1.csv” and List2.csv”. Then I right clicked on these files and changed their source files. The name or label of icons that appears on the process flow now would be different than the actual file that it is linked with. For example, both of these files may appear as List1.csv but in fact these are actually List1.csv and List 2.csv.

Imported file does not show source/path: It is bit annoying that for an imported text file (.txt or .csv), it is difficult to trace the path/folder where the source data file is located. For example, if you move mouse over the icon of that data file it shows “location” as blank and “file name” does not give a complete path name. In EG4.1, for example, by right clicking one can find the path to which that file is located. This problem does not happen, however, in EG4.2 if you are importing from an Excel file (.xls), i.e., when you move mouse over the icon, the file name that appears shows a complete path name.
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback.

I think that you should report these issues to SAS tech support, especially the first issue. There might be something unusual about your data that is throwing off the import.

Also, have you installed SAS Enterprise Guide 4.2 Maint 2 (4.22)? That's part of the SAS 9.2 maintenance release, and it does address a number of issues. There is not a hotfix to apply -- you would need to refresh your SAS software order.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
nwuser
Calcite | Level 5
Hi I have a really large project set up to create multiple graphs and tables in Enterprise Guide. The Graphs and Tables are linked to a SAS Report.
I am having a problem where when I create a new report and select multiple graphs to include in the report the first graph that I choose is shown for all other graphs within the report. Therefore, all the graphs in the report become the first graph chosen.

Does anyone know how I can overcome this problem?
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Ooh, that sounds like something that you should contact SAS Tech Support about. They may ask you for a copy of a project that shows the problem, and then the development team can see whether it's a bug that we need to address, suggest workarounds, etc.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation