BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JoshS
Fluorite | Level 6

Can anyone assist me with this? My entire team at work experiences this issue with SAS.

Whenever typing out a SAS function, the helpful tips pop up to tell you how you can use that function....then they never go away. It's workable for a bit, but once you have 5-10 tips stuck on your screen it's rediculous. You can't see anything. They are always at the front no matter which window you switch to in windows.

Pic related:

annoyingSAS.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

Not a full proof answer but a work around. Stop the autocomplete option.

Go to Program --> Editor Option --> Autocomplete tab ---> Uncheck Enable autocomplete.

OR 

you can try stopping some of the auto complete as per your choice like uncheck Data step statements. 

Explore this option window.

Loko
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

I experience the same issue from time to time and the only way I can get rid of it is to close the program.sas from

the process flow and reopen it afterwards . But I don't get the message at each function  ...

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I remember this being an issue with SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1, but it was fixed.  If you're still experiencing it in a later version, I'd open a track with SAS Technical Support with the details.  It would be good to know if you're using EG natively on your desktop or via a terminal server like Citrix.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
JoshS
Fluorite | Level 6
I've been running it on my desktop. I do believe our team is moving to an updated version soon. Hopefully that solves it!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation