BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SasStatistics
Pyrite | Level 9

Every time I restart my SAS Enterprise Guide (SAS EG), all my programs are shut down so I have to reopen them which is quite annoying when you work on many programs. 

In the picture below: I have to reopen "Program", "Program 1" and "Program 2" every time I restart SAS EG. 

SasStatistics_0-1622573136736.png

Does anyone know what to do so that I do not need to reopen the programs each time? 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

When EG shuts down it closes all programs that are left open. If you are using EG 8, then all of these programs will be listed on the Start Page and you can just double click on them to reopen. It would be problematic to expect EG to open all programs you had open in your last session - what happens if you have deleted or moved them since then?

SasStatistics
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks for the reply. It was weird for me since when I used SAS Studio, this was not the case.

Is it possible to change this default behaviour?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to change this behaviour. I do find the Start Page very useful so I suggest you try it too.

DebG
Obsidian | Level 7

I don't find my programs being listed on the start page, only the opened projects.  Is there something that needs to be changed to list the programs?  

DebG
Obsidian | Level 7

It seem to manage fine in SAS EG 7.3.  If a program was moved or deleted it was removed from the list.  But is also does not remove the other programs that exist or are embedded in the project.  

How do you get the programs to list on the Start Page, mine does not list any programs, just projects.

DebG
Obsidian | Level 7

I too wish for the programs to be opened.  I find it frustrating that the order of the programs that do open are changed.  Having just migrated from SAS EG 7.15 to SAS EG 8.3 is surprisingly difficult.  The programs that were listed in the old process flow no longer appear.  Is there a way for SAS EG 8.3 to mimic this old behaviour?  

SASKiwi
PROC Star

An alternative approach is just to leave EG open from one Windows session to the next as long as you use "Windows Sleep" rather than signing out. That's what I do and then just do a server connect to reestablish a SAS session. That way your programs stay open from one session to the next.   

DebG
Obsidian | Level 7

For the environment I work in that is not possible.  There is a standard daily reboot that cannot be overridden. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation