BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ted
Calcite | Level 5 Ted
Calcite | Level 5
I'm thinking of creating some custom addins using vb.net. Appart from a few examples on the sas site there seams to be very little useful information around for someone who is new to this. Has SAS produced anything or is there anything available which would aid in writing custom addins?
3 REPLIES 3
David
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Ted

There's a paper/poster at SUGI this month on just this subject, it's called "My Enterprise Guide".

We've created a few add-ins for EG3 now, what are you interested in doing?
Ted
Calcite | Level 5 Ted
Calcite | Level 5
The idea is to get some practise on developing addins to interogate data and then create more advanced addins. We're also moving on to migrating SAS/AF applications to .Net ones.

For some reason I was the one picked to go off and learn some VB.NET. Again with this there seams to be very little information on actually linking a VB.Net interface to SAS.

From the Addin point I've downloaded the examples amd the template from the SAS site and I'll be looking at this over the next coulpe of weeks to try to get to grips with is. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
We're working on an updated/expanded set of examples and documentation right now -- that should be available on the support site in the next couple of weeks.

This will include more VB.NET and C# examples, plus more documentation on using SAS-supplied controls (such as the variable selector).

In the meantime, the Visual Studio templates on the support site provide a great start to building a custom task, in VB.NET or C#.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation