BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pgdelafuente
Calcite | Level 5

Hey there,

I have a list of account names and would like to match them however there are punctuation, spaces & other strings that does not. I already, tried TRIM & Compress and my last road blocked is replacing values like INC. to INCORPORATED.

Sample:

ABC Corp                    = ABC Corporation

A BC Corporation         = ABC Corporation

ABC.Corporation          = ABC Corporation

Hope you can help me on this.

Thanks,

Pablo

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Have you looked at TRANWRD function?

The other option is REGEX

Ksharp
Super User

No other short way. Make a dictionary table and contain all these rules together.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

What you're after is "standardization". If these are only a few cases like "corp." to "Corporation" then some sort of lookup table approach to translate words could work. If the number of cases is bigger and there could additional ones in the future then software which helps you with standardization would be the optimal way to go. With SAS such standardization "routines" are available via the SAS Data Quality Server ("DataFlux").

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation