BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CPAZ
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

Currently in Enterprise Guide (4.3), I can use the OLAP viewer to connect to and view Microsoft OLAP cubes. No issue there. However I want to be able to submit the MDX code on the server side to return the sliced data. In the documentation I have seen this can be achieved through SAS/ACCESS interface to OLEDB. Can this be done without SAS/ACCESS, The cost for this license is just a little too much. Here is what I have available on the server:

---Base Product

---SAS/STAT   

---SAS/GRAPH  

---SAS/CONNECT

---SAS Enterprise Miner

---SAS Integration Technologies

---Enterprise Miner Server    

---Enterprise Miner Thin Client   

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC   

---SAS Workspace Server for Local Access

Thanks for any input.

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I see you are licensed for SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC. Have you tried that? You can pretty much submit any valid SQL Server code if you use SQL pass-thru.

CPAZ
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried ODBC but with no luck. SAS technical help states the only way to connect is with SAS/ACCESS to OLEDB. It has built in functionality for MSOLAP. Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation