BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dr2014
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

I working with SAS EG which is new to me. Although I am connected to the server where we have our data I am unable to assign a library using the libname statement.

However, I see the dataset in one of the drives (e.g. G:\) within the 'Files' folder in the 'server window' of 'SAS EG'. How do I access it in SAS EG 'program' window? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Is that a mapped drive? If your drive (e.g. G:\) is a mapped and your referencing G:\ in libname then it might not work. Try with the physical path that you used to map the drive.

Thanks,
Suryakiran
dr2014
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for your reply. I tried using the physical path as well and it doesn't work.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Talk to your SAS server admin, whi should be able to guide you.
there could be several reason for this, even server side policy restrictions.

Data never sleeps
dr2014
Quartz | Level 8

@LinushH I have reached out to them. It probably has to do with server policy restrictions itself. I was looking to see if I can access the dat from the Files folder as I see the data in the server window of SAS EG and can visualize the data but I guess there is no way to work with it in the local workspace other than using the 'libname'.

SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

You can maybe open data into your Project flow and then use Query Builder and copy it to other Library. This maybe a pain to open individual and copy them all into SAS.

Untitled.png

Thanks,
Suryakiran
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What error do you get with the LIBNAME? Please post both the libname and the error message.

dr2014
Quartz | Level 8

H all,

Thanks for all your suggestions. I was able to resolve it with admin. The path where the data was mounted was different on the server from the one at the local workstation. So the libname had to include the 'g:' followed by the folder name on the server. That helped pull in the data into SAS EG.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation