BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Andreas
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello Forum,

is it possible to access the structure and contents of the project tree or the process flow from within a custom addin? We found that this is possible with ole automation, but can the ole automation interfaces be used from inside an addin running in SEG to access the project currently open?

Andreas
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Andreas,

Thanks for trying to stretch EG with custom tasks! We have considered implementing something just like what you've suggested, but we didn't get it done in time for EG 4.1.

We'll have it on the list for consideration for a future release.

Thanks,
Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Chris,

are there any news on this topic? in EG 4.2? When should we have EG 4.2?

thanks,
Istvan
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Istvan,

We do have some API support for this in EG 4.2. You will be able to access information about the project, process flow, and the links between items. You will also be able to make simple modifications from within your task.

EG 4.2 is scheduled for 1st quarter 2009. We'll have example custom tasks on our support site.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am Upendra, I had installed EG 3V in xp professional sp2 ,After installation ,When i click on EG 3 is not opening Error is like Enhance editor or registry is not installed i am getting error like this.

But when i installed in Windows server 2003, EG 3 is opening ,but i am not able to create server or metadata server .in EG ADMIN

We cant configure SAS EG Admin and EG In one system.

Pls Advice me How to configure .

upendra.clinical@gmail.com
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Upendra,

Sounds like you have at least one installation problem. You should contact SAS Technical Support to help resolve this.

Chris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation