BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
premdaniel1
Calcite | Level 5

premdaniel1_0-1613778732297.png

Using SAS EG 7.15, we create a Custom report that is 5 pages long from several preceding SAS Reports. Then we go to File>Print Report and print the report to Adobe PDF to output a PDF document. It works sometimes, but every 3 or 4 execution of the process flow, we get the same error - "A Generic error occurred in GDI+". We have tried stopping and starting EG and even rebooting the desktop,  Get the same error inconsistently consistent. i.e same error every time, but it happens at the 3rd time we execute a process flow or the 4th time we execute the same process flow.

3 REPLIES 3
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

This community isn't going to have much luck diagnosing an issue like this.

When something like this happens to me, I do a quick google to see if anything relevant comes up. If not, I open a case with SAS Tech Support. They are really excellent.

Tom

ballardw
Super User

Is there a specific reason you don't want to use the ODS PDF destination to create the document?

AlanC
Barite | Level 11

GDI+ are your graphics drivers. I would make sure your graphics/printer/pdf drivers are up-to-date. Run Windows Update as well.

Start there then call tech support.

https://github.com/savian-net

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation