BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ken88
Calcite | Level 5

I use Cluster Node and I see segment plot with black bar, what does it mean?

others are colorful, some are very dark...

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Ken,

I don't think the colors mean anything, they just help you know what to look and where to click. Or at least that is how I use them :smileysilly:

For the example below, you know that Cluster node found you 6 segments or clusters.

Segment 1 has around 60% of customers with low values of savings (between 1-1.5), around 20% of customers with high savings values, and 20% customers in between.

for ken.png

Personally I just use the colors in the bar as a reference to get the mouse-over box (a nice summary), and the default theme has never got me confused I think... But for the most part I use the table that feeds this graph. I click back and forth a lot between the plot and the table when I really want to understand the distribution of a variable within a segment. An alternative is to use the Segment Profile node, but it is not as interactive...

Does this answer your question?

As a follow up, would you find it more useful if there was an option that you can choose to make these colors have a meaning, like for example a gradient legend?

Thanks,

Miguel

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation