BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aftab1
Calcite | Level 5

can i get the machine level code or backend code for log transformation, adam, logistic regression, tanh function etc

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

That's a strange question. 🤔🤔

What do you mean with 'machine level code'? The source code of SAS itself (often C programming language) is not publicly available.

Which machine learning front-end of SAS are you using and what is your SAS version?

The front-ends (like Enterprise Miner or Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning in Model Studio) are all SAS-code generators and this SAS code can be looked at of course. The training code can be seen, the scoring code, the LOG info, about everything ...

Also the documentation (https://documentation.sas.com/)

gives quite exhaustive info on the algorithms and how they were implemented and what they exactly do (including formulas and equations).

But what you mention (log transformation, ADAM, logistic regression, tanh function) are well-known things. SAS is not re-inventing them but just implementing them from widely accepted theory.
Although I agree that things like nonlinear optimization can be implemented in a good and bad way.
I am inclined to think that SAS implements things / theory in a good way.

Let us know what you are exactly after.

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation