BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ifunanya
Calcite | Level 5

i want to perform text analysis on a tweet and i want to know if i still need to do some text preprocessing, such as removing special characters, punctuation, tokenization, and stop words, before importing into model and creating pipe line

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm not a text analytics expert, but common sense suggests that you have asked a question that cannot be accurately answered without you running some tests yourself.

We don't know what your data looks like or how well it might be scanned without it being cleaned up first. You should try running some test text analytics and see how well it identifies your words or phrases of interest. You might get lucky and find that it is accurate without preprocessing but given the nature of tweets I doubt this. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm not a text analytics expert, but common sense suggests that you have asked a question that cannot be accurately answered without you running some tests yourself.

We don't know what your data looks like or how well it might be scanned without it being cleaned up first. You should try running some test text analytics and see how well it identifies your words or phrases of interest. You might get lucky and find that it is accurate without preprocessing but given the nature of tweets I doubt this. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation