BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JuniorFisherman
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! So I just installed SAS EM but I get these weird graphical glitches whenever I start using it, and I'm not sure what's causing it. Whenever I move my mouse, it follows my mouse and glitches all around the platform. This is isolated to Enterprise Miner, other SAS softwares are fine. Also, only this software glitches, it doesn't cause graphical glitches to my desktop PC. My graphics card drivers are up to date as well. Has anyone else ran into a similar issue?

java_JCWzj5VD9t.png

  

java_RvPqQpm8lL.png

3 REPLIES 3
MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

Hello JuniorFisherman-

I have seen this ghosting behavior one other time.  That customer was using two monitors, and reported these testing observations:

• The customer used one monitor attached to the motherboard, and the screen tearing stopped. It did not happen for native resolution (3840x1600) or 1920x1080.
  • The customer used one monitor attached to the graphics card, and screen tearing happened, although much less than before when he had dual monitors attached. It did not matter whether it was at native resolution (3840x1600) or 1920x1080.

He reported that moving to a single-monitor was one solution, but he did not advise us about what other solutions worked for him.

Perhaps his findings can be useful in your case.

Have a great day.

Mike Stockstill

JuniorFisherman
Calcite | Level 5
I only have a single monitor, which is plugged in to my Graphic card using DisplayPort. It's a 2560 x 1440 monitor. Played around with the Refresh rate or the resolution, but it did not seem to resolve the tearing issue. Thank you anyway, I'll try isolate my troubleshooting around the monitor/graphic card and see if I can find something.
Ariobarzan
Calcite | Level 5

I have the same issue ... My desktop computer does the same ghosting behavior each time I use it, regardless of the resolution. I have tried one monitor setup with different resolutions and I still get the issue (just matter of time, higher resolution it happens sooner). My desktop has Nvidia 3080 graphic card.

However, when I use my laptop, which has 2080 graphic card, I do not have this issue at all (at least not yet). My hunch is that it is SAS EM has issues with Nvidia series 3000. 

Hopefully SAS will look into it and fix it ...

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation