BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
park2039
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to select variables using Variable Selection Node. I have a continuous target with nominal inputs. I set the Use Interaction property to NO. Yet the variables selected in Step 1 of the Variable Selection node are mostly inteaction terms. Can someone why I am getting the interaction terms? It does not matter whether I set Target Model to Default or R-Square criterion. Please see the attachment.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Although you are seeing statistics reported for interaction effects from PROC DMINE, those aren't being exported when Use Interaction=No (look at the Variable Selection table, and you won't see them there).  You can see when Use Interaction=Yes, those interaction effects are exported as new inputs and included in the Variable Selection table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Although you are seeing statistics reported for interaction effects from PROC DMINE, those aren't being exported when Use Interaction=No (look at the Variable Selection table, and you won't see them there).  You can see when Use Interaction=Yes, those interaction effects are exported as new inputs and included in the Variable Selection table.

park2039
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks! You are right.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation