BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
asasgdsfa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

I'd like to score data using a gradient-boosting model created in VDMML. The model consists of several interval and nominal variable. I downloaded the scoring code, there are many lines related to interval variables, but the code doesn't include a single reference to nominal variables.

When I download a scoring code for linear regression, the nominal variables are used there.

Is it correct? Are nominal variables included in the scoring code? How can I locate them there?

(I know that the gradient boosting has a difficult interpretation, but I wanted to check usage of different score-card variables and I'm very surprised that I can't find any nominal one in the code.)

1 REPLY 1
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee
Check the variable importance table and see whether the nominal variables are included or not

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation