BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
znhnm
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, is there a node in VDMML to exlude some variables in the analysis? And next question is, how do I check which variables are used in the model?  I used Managed Variables node and changed the role of some of the variables that I don't want to include in the model. I am not sure if this is the right way to achieve what I want so I want to validate which variables were used in the model. 

vdmml.PNG

1 REPLY 1
BrettWujek
SAS Employee

There are a few different ways to control which variables are used in the model.

1) on the Data tab you can set the variable roles (as input, rejected (not used), or other roles). These will get used as the defaults for all models in all pipelines in your project.

2) Within a pipeline, use the Manage Variables node (as you are) to set the inputs for any models that follow this downstream

3) Use the Variable Selection node to intelligently automatically determine which variables are most influential (with a number of techniques for this available)...as opposed to manually selecting them yourself. https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/capcdc/v_018/vdmmlcdc/vdmmlref/p1l7tl7hddl0lon138uretl5muac....

You can see hat inputs were used in the model by opening the Results for the modeling node after it was run.

Hope this helps.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation