BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello!

I have creeated a pipeline in Model Studio (DM and ML) with a Python Open Surce node where i have built a decision tree model. The node works fine and in the Reuslts window i can extract various things e.g. the variable improtance of the tree. What i am also trying to do is to output a plot of the tree. I use the following python script:

tree.plot_tree(dm_model,filled=True,rounded=True,class_names=["Reject","Grant"],feature_names=X_enc.columns, fontsize=6)
plt.show()

The node works fine (green sign after the pipeline is ran) but there is not plot in the results. Do i need to add something more in the python script to have the desired result (decsiion tree viusual-plot).

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RadhikhaMyneni
SAS Employee

Hi Andreas,

For the plot to show up in the node results, you need to: (1) save it in jpg, png or gif format, (2) name it with rpt_ prefix, for example rpt_treeplot.png or rpt_treeplot.jpg and (3) save it in dm_nodedir folder (dm_nodedir is a variable available in the node editor pointing to a temporary working folder)

Here is some sample Python code that does this:

# Plot model residuals
plt.scatter(pred, pred - dm_inputdf[dm_dec_target])
plt.axhline(y=0, color='r')
plt.title('Residual plot')
plt.ylabel('Residual')
plt.savefig(dm_nodedir + '/rpt_residuals.png')
plt.close()

Hope this helps,

Radhikha

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RadhikhaMyneni
SAS Employee

Hi Andreas,

For the plot to show up in the node results, you need to: (1) save it in jpg, png or gif format, (2) name it with rpt_ prefix, for example rpt_treeplot.png or rpt_treeplot.jpg and (3) save it in dm_nodedir folder (dm_nodedir is a variable available in the node editor pointing to a temporary working folder)

Here is some sample Python code that does this:

# Plot model residuals
plt.scatter(pred, pred - dm_inputdf[dm_dec_target])
plt.axhline(y=0, color='r')
plt.title('Residual plot')
plt.ylabel('Residual')
plt.savefig(dm_nodedir + '/rpt_residuals.png')
plt.close()

Hope this helps,

Radhikha

andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks Radhikha!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation