BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
slawpast
Calcite | Level 5

hi

I am doing small project for my Uni.  I need to do a text mining and tried do do clustering based on text feedback to make 2 clusters: positive, negative (feedback). Can you help me with that?

Does it need to be added extra column in Data Source? I tried to use text cluster, text Rule Builder, Text Parsing, Text Filter. It looks like my knowledge is not enough to do this, but I have no choice and need to finish it.

I have columns listed as :

Review idHotel NameTotal review countReview DateReview_viaMobileGuest LocationReview HeadingReview

Have attached sample data.

your help will be much appreciated.

thanks.

slawpast

2 REPLIES 2
avp
SAS Employee avp
SAS Employee

The following youTube video by Dr. Jim Cox, there is an example (at 5 minutes mark) about finding comments Sentiments as user topic using "sasmpsio.afinn_sentiment" dataset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgveqWgl7fI.

Hope that helps.

slawpast
Calcite | Level 5

thank you for your answer. Well, it`s not really helpfull. I was looking for something step by step guide with more details. I will do simple clustering instead.

Thank you for your help

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation