BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
William29
Calcite | Level 5

I have a dataset with a text variable and I ran the 'Text Parsing and Document Discovery" feature  under SAS VIYA text analytics and I produced term by document matrix as below:

William29_0-1688367354271.png

How do I interpret the document number? Is there a simple way of determining which document corresponds to a particular document number? Document number does not appear to be row number so I am wondering if I can get some guidance with how I associate a particular document number with a particular document/row number

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I would never do this analysis without including a Document ID (to be able to find everything back afterwards and to be able to link / map everything).

I wasn't even aware you could do this analysis without including a Document ID.

The procedure that is run in the background is PROC TEXTMINE.

PROC TEXTMINE has a DOC_ID Statement. I think that DOC_ID Statement is mandatory.

DOC_ID Statement

• DOC_ID variable;

The DOC_ID statement specifies the variable that contains the ID of each document. In the input data table, each row corresponds to one document. The ID of each document must be unique; it can be either a number or a string of characters.

Kind regards,
Koen

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation