BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yv5129
Calcite | Level 5

I received my installation of SAS from my university, I have installed it on my local machine on my SSD. It was installed on my HDD but it was running slow so i installed it on my SSD. I had an issue at the start where i needed to add 127.0.0.1 localhost <pc name> in my hosts file, after that i could run SAS on my local machine. The issue now is now that when running any node it will take over 1 minute before i get the results. I did at one point unplug my ethernet cable from my pc and it literally took 4 seconds im not sure if that was caused by it not having access to the internet.

Any solutions to make my machine run SAS faster?

My pc specs are

CPU: I5-9600K

RAM: 16gb dual channel

GPU: GTX 1070

SSD: 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @yv5129,

Thanks for posting on the SAS Support Communities! If you've not already, I suggest opening a SAS Technical Support track for this scenario. The team there should be able to work through this with you.

Anna

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @yv5129,

Thanks for posting on the SAS Support Communities! If you've not already, I suggest opening a SAS Technical Support track for this scenario. The team there should be able to work through this with you.

Anna

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation