BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
egurbas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I am a new SAS user and I follow the basic steps to create project.

First Issue: during creating of the project, the edit box for 'SAS server Directory' is inactive, I cannot make any change in here. There is a sign of  "~" in there. I just want to mention about it, maybe it is the source of the main issue below.

Second Issue: after running the code in "Project Start Code" for the source file, I try to create a new Data Source. But here I cannot see the tables that should be listed under that directory.

Thanks in advance...

egurbas_0-1610559724750.png

egurbas_1-1610559782773.png

egurbas_2-1610559861492.png

egurbas_3-1610559902816.png

1 REPLY 1
CraigDeVault
SAS Employee
You need to be connected to a SAS Server, whether that local or in a client/server setup. In looking at the screen shots, you probably need to be connected to the workstation. When you create a project, are you seeing screen shots like these in the Create New Project section at the following URL:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=emref&docsetTarget=n0zrueoh26rjv2n1nd23ssiiqh4p.htm&docse...

Or are you just seeing a 2 step new project wizard that is creating a project connected to your workstation where you have SAS 9.4 installed already.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation