BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I was looking for interview questions on SAS Enterprise Miner. Just I want to know the exceptations from employers to SAS EM beginner. I do understand that it depends on the requirement , but I would like to know the things which I should know when apply for SAS EM developer for 1year experience.

Thanks in advance for any help you offer me.

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Babloo,

For someone with 1 year experience in Enterprise Miner and data mining, I would expect you to know:

-some best practices like data partition and using imputation only when needed

-how to avoid overtraining or overfitting a model

-how to use decisions and priors for oversampling or train a model with rare events

-how to interpret the results from the most common modeling nodes

-to explain in simple terms most plots and fit statistics on the model comparison node

After using EM for a year, you should be able to get the certification predictive modeling using SAS Enterprise Miner. Any of the questions or general cases seem like fair game for an interview. My go-to advice for prepping that exam is to read the appendix cases of the course Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner.

For someone with more experience you should be able to

-know how to use the SAS code node using macro variables

-build custom reports directly on EM

-have a notion of batch code, deploying, and monitoring models

-design advanced diagrams for complex tasks such as deep learning or complex ensembles.

Good luck in your interview!

-M

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11
Are you familiar with KD nuggets? They just posted an interesting list of 20 interview questions.
http://www.kdnuggets.com/2016/01/20-questions-to-detect-fake-data-scientists.html

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation