BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
okla
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All, 

Have a question on SAS EM Ensemble node (SAS EM 12.1).

I have built a few models, Tree, Neural, Regression and etc and one of the node is an Ensemble node combining both the Tree and Regression. The ensemble node gave me a pretty good result (from the model comparison node), but how can i read output score of the Ensemble node? It doesn't seem to have a exported data from my ensemble node (exported data property shown no output for Train/Validate/Test set).. ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

I have built a few models, Tree, Neural, Regression and etc and one of the node is an Ensemble node combining both the Tree and Regression. The ensemble node gave me a pretty good result (from the model comparison node), but how can i read output score of the Ensemble node? It doesn't seem to have a exported data from my ensemble node (exported data property shown no output for Train/Validate/Test set).. ?

The Ensemble node, like most other modeling nodes, will output a view with the data which has been passed to it as well as the computed scores.  If you click on the Ensemble node in question and then click on the ... to the right of Exported Data in the property sheet (middle left panel), a new dialog window should appear showing information such as the Role (Train, Validate, Test) and a column named Data Exists if the the view has been created for that corresponding role.  If Data Exists = No for a particular role, no view has been exported for that role.  You can highlight a row corresponding to the Role of interest (e.g. Validate) where Data Exists = Yes and then click on the Explore button to view a sample of the input data for that Role plus all of the additional columns that were added by scoring.  Since SAS Enterprise Miner was designed for data mining data sets which can be massive, the sample is taken to prevent bogging the machine down in trying to view the entire data set.   If Data Exists = No for every Role, either the Ensemble node or one of its predecessors did not run successfully so you will need to check the logs of any predecessor node.   

Hope this helps!

Doug 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation