BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
quigleym
Fluorite | Level 6

I have run out of memory using SAS Enterprise Miner HP SVM node.

The output is below. Anything I can do ? It is running in

NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set EMWS8.IDS_BAD_DM.
      WHERE _TYPE_='TARGET';
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
      real time           0.03 seconds
      cpu time            0.01 seconds

NOTE: For a binary or nominal target, descending order is used.
NOTE: The HPSVM procedure is executing in single-machine mode.
ERROR: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of insufficient memory.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

How big is your data set? It says only one record was read so I wonder if you set something wrong instead? I'll move this to the Data Mining forum so the appropriate SAS help can be provided. 

quigleym
Fluorite | Level 6

There are 89,000 observations and 74 variables. So I am surprised to it is not working

MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

We have some information on our web site about how to approach insufficient-memory errors when using Enterprise Miner.  To access the information, go to http://support.sas.com/notes . In the "Search only Samples and SAS Notes" area, enter some of the symptoms, message, or topic:

miner insufficient memory

Try this result:

61376 - Overcoming "insufficient memory ." and "parameter larger than documented limit" error messag...

If the information in that note does not lead you to a resolution, then contact Technical Support for assistance.

Have a good week!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation