BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nora1
Calcite | Level 5

nora1_0-1620527913779.png

nora1_1-1620527933540.png

1. Would this be a strong scale? How do you know?
  2. Are there any items that could be dropped to improve the scale? If so, which variables and how do you know? I

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Welcome to the communities!!

It's a mystery to me why you have posted your question in the 'Text Analytics' board. 🤔

It belongs to the 'SAS Procedures' board under 'Programming' (PROC CORR). Or it belongs to the 'Statistical Procedures' board under 'Analytics'. You may miss important and good answers by posting to the wrong board.

Maybe someone will move it to the appropriate board but I do not have the super-powers to do so.

But, by experience, you will become better in profiting optimally from the SAS-communities site.

Anyway, about your question 😏

It has been a long time since I have used 'Cronbach Coefficient Alpha' to assess scale, so I cannot help you straight-away with interpretation of the output. But it cannot be difficult. Lots of literature (also SAS literature) exist on this topic.

This paper looks concise and good to me (haven't read it in detail though):

Paper 246-26

An introduction to computing and interpreting Cronbach Coefficient Alpha in SAS
Chong Ho Yu, Ph.D., Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings/proceedings/sugi26/p246-26.pdf

For more SAS-papers on this topic, go to https://www.lexjansen.com/

and type 'Cronbach' as your search term.

Good luck,

Koen

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation