BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NJSAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I need guidance on setting a threshold for the "support" in Apriori Algorithm using SAS E-miner. The package has a threshold for confidence but not support.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

I need guidance on setting a threshold for the "support" in Apriori Algorithm using SAS E-miner. 

The Association node in SAS Enterprise Miner allows you to specify the Minimum Confidence level and the minimum support either measured by count or percentage using the following node properties: 

*  Minimum Confidence Level - specifies the minimum confidence level that is required to generate a rule.

*  Support Type - specify minimum support based on Count or Percent, and then set the appropriate parameter below: 

-- Support Count - specifies the minimum transaction frequency to support an association. 

-- Support Percentage - specifies the minimum transaction frequency to support an association.

I hope this helps!

Doug

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation