BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NJSAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I need guidance on setting a threshold for the "support" in Apriori Algorithm using SAS E-miner. The package has a threshold for confidence but not support.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

I need guidance on setting a threshold for the "support" in Apriori Algorithm using SAS E-miner. 

The Association node in SAS Enterprise Miner allows you to specify the Minimum Confidence level and the minimum support either measured by count or percentage using the following node properties: 

*  Minimum Confidence Level - specifies the minimum confidence level that is required to generate a rule.

*  Support Type - specify minimum support based on Count or Percent, and then set the appropriate parameter below: 

-- Support Count - specifies the minimum transaction frequency to support an association. 

-- Support Percentage - specifies the minimum transaction frequency to support an association.

I hope this helps!

Doug

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation