BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ahmetvemert
Calcite | Level 5

Hello friends, i have a problem with enterprise miner 12.1. Formerly i could change the roles of the variables like input to target. But now whatever i do, i could not change the roles. if i change it and press next. the role comes to its first position. Like i'm choosing binary as target but then when finish the data source wizard and look at the variables, i can't see any target variable and also i can't change it at that position. What's the problem, do you have a clue. 

Thank you in advance, see u.

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

To start troubleshooting, open another SAS Enterprise Miner project (or create a new one) and attempt to add the same data source to the list of Data Sources in the top left corner panel.  If you have the same problem, you might be encountering

* connection issues (network issues, data set locked by other user, etc...)

* permission issues (you do not have authority to access the data and/or write to the data location

* configuration issues (e.g. did your system get updated to an unsupported version of Java?)

See if you can recreate the problem with the SAMPSIO.HMEQ data installed with SAS Enterprise Miner.  

1 - With the project in question open, click on File --> New --> Data Source 
2 - Select Next to accept the Source as a SAS Table.

3 - Click on Browse... and navigate to the SAMPSIO directory. 

4 - Select the HMEQ table

5 - Click on OK to close the dialog

6 - Follow similar steps to attempt to modify the data set roles in the Data Source Wizard 

If it works with SAMPSIO.HMEQ but not with your data, you might have a permission or connection issue.  If it fails with SAMPSIO.HMEQ, you likely have a configuration issue.   If it does fail, try and create a new project and repeat the steps above.   

Please note the following about Data Sources in SAS Enterprise Miner:

* You can set up metadata in the Data Source Wizard and these will be shown in the Data Sources list in the project tree (top left corner panel)

* When dragging a Data Source to a diagram, a copy is made of this metadata.  Changes to the instance in the Data Sources list will not impact any Input Data Source already dragged into a diagram. 

* You must have read/write permission to the library where the data source resides since SAS Enterprise Miner uses this location to write temporary files during processing. 

Doing the test above should help isolate the issue.  If you still cannot move forward after following these steps, please contact SAS Technical Support and provide the information regarding the steps you have already taken to obtain the fastest possible resolution.

Hope this helps!

Doug 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation