BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, I'm using the model comparison in SAS/VS. It does some strange things. I have an RF model with reported Validation ASE of 197,611. I have a Gradient Boosting (DSG) model with a reported Validation ASE of 199,686. After running this through model comparison I get a validation ASE of 196,927 for the RF model and 202,275 for the DSG model. These numbers vary with the number of models being in the Model Comparison.Random forest variable importanceRandom forest variable importanceGradientBoosting variable importanceGradientBoosting variable importanceModel comparison HeatmapModel comparison HeatmapModelcomparison tableModelcomparison table

Of a larger concern is that the Variable importance is completely changed. The variable that in the DSG model is the second most important has suddenly become the 7 most important after Model comparison. Also the variable importance HeatMap is inconsistent with the variable importance table.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation