BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all,

does any body have an idea of kibana with visual investigator..how they both similar.

will sas support on kibana?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

A quick Google search indicates that Kibana is an open-source visualisation and reporting product similar to SAS Visual Analytics. It sits on top of of an IT platform called Elasticsearch. I doubt there is any way Kibana could be supported on SAS without a SAS-specific implementation. Given that it competes with SAS VA a I don't think there is any synergy here. 

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/sasadmincdc/v_001LTS/callogging/n08aazgc8rkudun1ry91p712qkz2...

the above doc informed about kibana in sas.

but not sure what level sas will be using kibana and how to differentiate...
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@vallsas  - Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't aware of that. Looks like it is only available in Viya 4 aka 202x.x and looks like it is being used for server monitoring and logging. So yes, SAS is using Kibana but not in the area of interest to you. I suggest you contact SAS Tech Support if you want to find out more. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation