BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Muo
Fluorite | Level 6 Muo
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello
may I have question how I do folds cross validation by SAS cane you share some cod’s and Explain the difference
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @Muo ,

It would help if you tell us what kind of model you want to build and what SAS-procedure (PROC) you intend to use.
Some procedures have built-in Cross-Validation (CV).

Also, what do you want to achieve with your cross-validation? Probably n°1 in the list below (?).

1. 'cross-validation' as a method to estimate the generalization error (in case you do NOT have a VALIDATION set)
2. 'cross-validation' as a so-called ensemble-strategy
3. 'cross-validation' for model selection
4. 'cross-validation' for feature selection

Since you are posting in 'data mining' - board, have a look at the crossValidateML action.

Here's an example :

SAS® 9.4 and SAS® Viya® 3.5 Programming Documentation | SAS 9.4 / Viya 3.5
SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning Programming Guide
Cross Validation of a Forest Model
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/casactml/casactml_mltools_example01.htm?ho...

Or are you still using SAS Enterprise Miner under SAS 9.4? In that case the latter link is not useful to you.

Thanks,

Koen

Muo
Fluorite | Level 6 Muo
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi I am not sure if that what I want, I have small data set and I want to divide into 10 fold in every time one for test contain 10 entities and other for training around ten times also I want applying logistics and SVM !!
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

What version of SAS are you using?

Submit

%PUT &=sysvlong4;

to find out.

I mainly want to know if you are on SAS 9.4 (with Enterprise Miner) or on SAS VIYA (with Visual Machine learning and Model Studio).

Also, how many observations do you have
(I am not sure if the 10 in your reply is an absolute number 10 or a relative number, 10%)?

Cross-validation is not going to help if there is an absolute mismatch between number of records and number of variables in the model (or n° of candidate variables for inclusion in the model).

Thanks,

Koen

Muo
Fluorite | Level 6 Muo
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello,
I am on SAS academic for students The total observations equal 120
The Total number of columns are 45
I want to apply 2 models after dividing my data set

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation