BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
youyunjupiter
Fluorite | Level 6

Seqecmpgroup function in R TraMineR packages is quite helpful to check the rules that are particularly related to some discriminant factors, for example, some rules might be quite different from transactions related to gender. I am wondering whether there is a quicker way to check it using SAS EM? Plan B is to run levels in those factors 1 by 1 and compare the results..

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Youyun,

First time I hear about this Trajectory Miner package. From a quick look to their doc, that seqecmpgroup function identifies discrimiating subsequences using chisquare. Once with the sequences, you can use a decision tree with Chi-square criterion to confirm if certain ruels are specific to certain levels of a factor.

One way to do it would be to use the Association or the Market Basket Analysis nodes, then use a decision tree on the rules.

I hope this helps!

-M

youyunjupiter
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Miguel, do you mean to do decision tree on scores from AA/MBA, i.e. score ~ function(factors)? I guess the key difference between this way and R function is that R function is able to calculate confidence/lift seperately for different level of factors. However, in SAS EM, it seems difficult to do, especially when start group node doesnt support transaction data. Not sure if I understand correctly... 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation