BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MichalRa
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a very trivial question - how can I upload simply .txt file as data to new project in SAS Model Studio?

Import as local file straight from .txt on my hard disk doesn't work. Viya tells to me that my file has too many colums. Anyway, I don't want to create new SAS table, I just want to test SAS Model Studio capabilities, but I can't do it without any data...

I read SAS Visual Analytics Programming Guide - Load and Convert Document Files into a CAS Table Using the loadTable Action 

First question - is it proper to load files to analysis in SAS Model Studio? If not, what can I do?

I suppose that option from "Load and Convert..." is ok - I test this modyfied code, but it doesn't work. Name in table.addCaslib was the same as Caslib in table.loadTable. Path in table.addCaslib was path to folder, where my .txt file is stored. Since I added this path to allowlist table.addCaslib started to work.

But I don't understand path in table.Loadtable. What is "docconv" in example from documentation? What should I put here if I want process .txt file (or in future: files) from mypath? I receive ERROR: An access control check was detected to a full, rather than a partial path.

Finally, maybe there is another - simplier - option to analyse .txt file?

Regards,
Michał

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

I am in a hurry, so I haven't looked in the documentation.

I suppose "docconv" in example from documentation is referring to (is related to) the SAS Document Conversion Server.

For some document types you need Tika conversion (with the Tika converter that you have to install ... it's open-source).

But for .txt files , the Tika converter should not be needed.

Will have a 2nd look tonight.

Good luck,

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation