BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7

I try to transform one of the interval variables by taking the log value. The transform node threw the error "ERROR: Maximum levels of 512 exceeded ... Training will not be performed ...".

Also try to transform one nominal variable by taking dummy indicators. The transform node again threw the error "ERROR: Maximum levels of 512 exceeded ... Training will not be performed ...". 

I also tried the approach by changing the maximum level to 10000. The errors still exist. 

Any idea why could this happen? Anything wrong with my dataset?

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Code?

Show the code from the log for the entire procedure including all notes and messages. Copy from the log and paste into a text box opened on the forum using the </> icon that appears above the message box.

ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the suggestions. It works now. Probably because I messed up with the level of the data....

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You have a continuous variables (transformed by log), and then you tell SAS transform node to treat it as a CLASS variable. Don't do that. Treat it as continuous.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User
That error only shows up for categorical variables not continuous ones, make sure all your new variables are set up as continuous values.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation